Friday, August 04, 2006

Week 4

Hello everyone!
This is going to have to be short because I have very little time in the Net bar today.
Some specific things to be thinking of us about:
-We have been having some incredible conversations with our partners lately. They seem to be escalating in intensity as time goes on.
-We were unable to get train tickets to leave on Monday, so now we leave Xining on Tuesday (sound famillar?!?). While it means we will have 1 less day of debrief in Beijing, it means we will have 1 more day of conversations with our partners here. Jenny has been asking more really really good questions about specific things in the Book (she took the english/chinese version I brought and has been reading it daily!). She is still the queen of random questions - the first one I got about the Book was "Why did JC curse the fig tree?" (Matt. 21)... probably not the first question everyone asks!!
-There have been a few culture/communication clashes between some of the partners, so think of us that we would end really well!
-On the whole, most of the students have told us that their opinions of foreigners has changed as a result of this program, especially opinions of those who follow Him. That is something to be thankful for!

Tonight is a talent show (so I prepare to make a fool of my self once more...more on that another time), Monday night will be our farewell banquet.
Today, Jenny, along with her boyfriend and his friend taught me and another one of the Canadians (along with her partner) how to cook some of Chinese dishes we have been enjoying. So Dad, prepare to shop the Chinatown market and eat Chinese when I get home (but maybe not the first day I'm back)!

We leave here a week from today. Depending on how busy our few days in Beijing are, this may be my last visit to the Net Bar in China.
If it is, expect to hear from me with pictures shortly after I get back!
Thank you for your support, and I look forward to sharing more with you when I am able.
In Him,
Gillian